Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bugs!

Workin' with bugs in SL

Why is it that, without fail, every single time I want to finish up something, SL is full of bugs? Textures that don't stick, missing bodies, prims that won't attach no matter how many times I try. The list could go on.

The latest craze this week: prims that just poof out of existence when I select them. Oh joy! That's fun. Spend all this time making a prim skirt...attach it...make some adjustments and BAM! 3 prims just vanish giant gaps all over the place.

I have to say that at least, SL bugs are rarely repetitive and that each new update is great for surprising me with more ways to sabotage my work. So I must give them props for being creative in that department.

In other news, my quiet little neighborhood seems to be getting busier by the day. When I first moved there, it was me, some trees, a little shop and a couple of really nice homes far in the distance. It didn't last too long though but that's to be expected in this ever changing landscape that is mainland.

The first thing to pop up was this giant cube behind me. That issue was easily taken care of by replacing some windows with pictures of gorgeous ocean views. Unfortunately, the pictures don't keep people's chat from seeping through my walls and man...do I wish they did. All I'm gonna say is "thank gawd for the mute function!"

Second thing to pop up is a big store in the front of my house. It's a pretty nice looking build however. It does corner me in a little but it's not like I ever hang out outside my house anyway. Not enough space for a front yard, or any type of yard for that matter, on a 512 parcel.

Then, two days ago...I'm standing on my pose stand fiddling with things when, all of a sudden, POOF! a gazillion peeps are right outside my window standing on the parcel next to mine. I was surprised since that parcel had always had permanent ban lines and had always been empty. Well, empty is was no more. Somehow, the parcel got turned into First Land. Oy! I swear, 20 people, in like one swoop, teleported in to look at the land, probably within minutes of it being listed. Sadly, some friends of mine who have been trying to find First Land weren't online. It would have been cool to have them move in next door.

The land was purchased within a matter of minutes. Then, it was sold, in another matter of minutes, to some real estate dude. It was then resold, in the next few hours to another real estate dude, each time of course, increasing the price of the parcel. Holy! I'm anxious to log back in to see if it was re-re-re-resold to an even bigger fish. I am half kicking myself for not IMing the first person to offer them X amount more than the first buyer. The extra prims would've been nice but I really didn't think about it. I thought "hey! I'm getting a neighbor! Hope they are nice!" Fool!

It did make me realize how lucky I was in getting my First Land. I actually took the time to shop around for a bit! That was only about four, five weeks ago. I probably ran into 2-3 other people (max!) also looking for First Land. I visited 5-6 parcels a couple of times before making my final decision and taking the plunge. Fast forward to today and woah! Seems that you need to just grab whatever is out there and grab it fast if you want First Land. Crazy!

Anyway, those are my ramblings for today. I have some posters to make now that SL is allowing me to wear skirts again. Better be quick before I lose that privilege!

Ciao!

No comments: