Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dear Santa

Santa gives me the thumbs up

I was exploring the world with my super secret friend when we ran into Santa. I never realized Santa was so big! We didn't chat much. He mostly did the listening and I did the talking.

I asked him for a new store (and maybe I got my wish! but I'm not saying anything yet! Shhh)

I really love my little shop and I am not giving it up. It is my first store so I'm attached to it. However, there is one problem. It's small (plus, I have big posters and I love white space). I don't have a lot of things but I've already had to call on my mad Tetris skills to place the last release (and to be honest, I'm not THAT good at Tetris. I'm OK for the first few levels and then I simply suck, so I fear the next release will end up on the ceiling, facing the wrong way and probably busting halfway through the roof)


I also asked Santa for something no one had ever asked for before.

I asked him to please take away a gift. He was a little surprised by my request to say the least.

This gift box has been on my shop floor for over two weeks. I can't
move it, I can't take it, I can't delete it. It's just there, right under a display, flashing it's "Yay! Prize!" floating text at me every time I enter the shop. People ask me, what is it? What's in it? How come I can't take the prize? I don't know! I didn't put it there.

Stupid gift box. Making people dream of free things and sorely disappointing everyone who comes across it. Making them feel like somehow, they are not worthy of a gift and killing their Christmas cheer with it's cold, pointless existence.


In design news, I am making some sweaters are the moment. Nothing fancy but I'm in the mood for sweaters, so sweaters is what I'm making! I'm planning to have them out early this week. No preview yet, sorry! Soon though!

Anywho! Those are my ramblings for the day. I shall go back to the needle work. I have a lot of stitching left to do.

Happy Sunday y'all!

No comments: