Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Welcome to Total Betty's Awesome Blog

Ok, so the title may be a little misleading. Is it truly an awesome blog? This remains to be seen I guess. But I needed a title and it sounded catchy.

What can you expect to find here you ask? Well this is quite easy to answer. This is where I shall post my brand spanking new designs. Hopefully, this will be a couple of times a week. There will be no silly banter, no rants about stuff, no deep thoughts. Only new clothes! Yay! (if I ever get the blog bug to start wanting to say things, I will just link to a new blog so people who want to read it can do so at their leisure, and hardcore shoppers can stick to business without having to weed through posts about my dead cat to find the latest dress they must have)

I guess I should say a little about myself. Well, let's see. I recently started designing clothes in Second Life. I didn't have much money, and didn't have the patience to shop endlessly to find something I wanted, so I thought "hey! You can make your own stuff Betty!". And so I did. After getting positive comments and having peeps suggest I should give opening a store a try, I figured "what the heck! let's do this!"

I admit, I'm nervous as all hell. It's one thing to strut along wearing stuff I made and feeling pretty good about making my own stuff. It is quite another to throw it all out there for people to buy. Are the posters ok? Will the clothes fit like they are supposed to? Will I turn some sexy babe into a walking fashion disaster? Eep! I sincerely hope not.

And then there's the pricing. Good grief. How much is it all worth? In one corner, I have people tell me "too cheap = people thinking it's bad quality". On the other corner, I'm thinking "too expensive and people will think I've lost my mind and that I'm a crook". So I tried to aim for a middle ground. I guess I will learn as I go and adjust things along the way.

I am working on finishing a couple more things so I can open a store with at least a small selection. Oh and I need to find a place to rent a shop as well. Small details...

Anyway...I said I wouldn't write about anything but new stuff, and here I am writing a bloody novel.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog. Hope you enjoy what you see and if you have comments/advice etc, by all means, don't be shy. Drop me a note.

Toodles!

No comments: